From drafts 1-3 I didn't learn a whole lot more than I did in my freshman English class in high school or my sophomore one or English 1A etc. I hate to be blatant because I feel like this is supposed to be more of a reflection upon the glorious awakening and educational experience that was bestowed upon me by the writing of this essay, but eh.
For what I did learn: as per usual, I need to actually start putting time into my writing, besides an hour before it's due whilst (is that even a word?) pondering the possibility of injecting caffeine intravenously. What I'm glad about and what I took away from this writing process was that the subjects in this class are infinitely more interesting and thereby inspiring to actually writing about. So when I say I need to put more time/effort into the writing process, it's actually plausible that I will.
What I took from lectures to apply to this essay: information about the banking concept. I didn't know there were people out there who had written essays about how I have felt my entire life about learning. School has always been enjoyable and I love learning, but all I do is learn how to work the system, listen to what teachers say, learn what they want, yak it out again in different words and maybe get a B thrown my way for it. It's pretty sick. Bad sick, not good sick. I have no idea what my word count so I'm gonna stop this diatribe now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Well, of course I have to comment about this. Am I disappointed that you "didn't learn a whole lot more than I did in my freshman English class in high school"? Yes. Crushed, actually. Happy?
But then you continue to say that you DID learn something. Hooray, says I! Or did you? The subjects of the class are more interesting, so maybe you'll write more and put in more effort.
I suppose in a way that you are where you're supposed to be as a writer in college. Having read your work, I can see that you know how to write, and you do it well. Of course, now I will challenge you, so stay tuned.
:)
Post a Comment